Sunday, September 5, 2010

Frame makeover

After a couple of months of pasionate love with fixed-wheels I was not going to resign myself to something resembling an entry-level steed. So I decided to spiff it up a bit. The question was to restore or not to restore the frame but after holding a family ballot the decision was clear: the frame would be repainted in navy blue (with the front tube in white). Scraping the old paint turned out a good decision since I found unexpected rusty spots under it and, in the other hand, I could appreciate for the first time since the frame was welded the craftmanship of the welder. The lugs appeared finely thinned with no stress-risers and the welding (brass not silver) was smooth with no signs of overheating. A fine frame well deserving a new painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment