Saturday, October 2, 2010

Searching for the origins

I'm trying to trace the origin of the frame. There is little information available on the web.  Anyway I've been able to make of a few data:
- it seems that the premises were originally located in Parma (Italy)
- They were probably run by two siblings: Rodolfo & Gaetano
- They produced road and track frames. In the early seventies there was some export trade to Canada and the States.
- There is no business  currently running  in the original address.

And that's nearly all but for one detail: I've found Romani bicycles being still made in Spain but I suspect it's a mere coincidence. Anyway I'm trying to contact those guys

2 comments:

  1. Update: got an answer from them. They confirmed me that they had dealed with the Romani Co. but they said that he went out of business some years ago. No more useful information. Drat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: it seems that Romani was a small company that also build frames for other makers to keep business running.

    ReplyDelete